The SSDBKA has 5 categories of membership in 2020.
For those with bees:
- Registered membership
- Partner membership
- Associate membership
For those without bees:
- Country membership
- Friend of South Staffs
The BBKA are hoping to have an online application and renewal system in place for the 2020 season more details will follow. The alternative paper and electronic methods will continue to be made available.
- Printed application forms returned by post or,
- Completed electronic form completed and returned by email
Membership Application forms 2020 NEW Members only.
- Membership application form in EXCEL format to fill in and return electronically here. This one will calculate the required remittance for you. SSDBKA Application form 2019 v6c
- Membership application form to PRINT off and fill in and return by post. This one can also be filled in using ACROBAT and returned electronically but you need to do the calculations. SSDBKA Application Form 2019 Printable v4
- Membership Application Pack 2019. Please download and read this document it explains the changes in fees and the policies you will be asked to make a decision on. SSDBKA Membership Pack 2019 V3a
Please read the SSDBKA Membership Pack 2019 before completing the application forms as this explains the fees and additional information required.
Please ensure that all boxes requiring a response are completed
Fees for 2020.
In Accordance with the 2018 AGM decision subscription fees have increased as follows:
|Membership Category||Membership Fee|
- Electronic transfers (BACS payments)
If you wish to pay by BACS, the account details are:
- Bank: CAF Bank Ltd
- Account Name: South Staffordshire & District Beekeepers Association
- Account Number: 00095894
- Sort Code: 40 52 40
Send the completed application form and cheque payable to:
“S.S.& D.B.K.A.” to:
4, Merridale Grove,
or by email: email@example.com
Advice on Completing the application forms
The electronic versions of the application forms are supplied in either a spreadsheet format (.XLSX) which is the current Microsoft Excel format. This will require a suitable application to both read it and perform the built in calculations for you. Here is some software which has been tested with the Online form :
- Microsoft Excel
- LibreOffice (Free to down load)
- Google Sheets (Free from Google if you have a Google account)
The files can be opened on PC’s, Tablets and Phones with the correct apps installed. Calculations and drop down menus should work correctly. Comments which are there to help may not work in some apps.
The advantage to the online form is that it will work out the correct payment if filled in correctly. It will only do so if the correct membership category is selected and the total number of hives is entered.
To read the Printable form and the Membership Pack you will need an application which can read portable document format (.PDF) files also known as Acrobat files. These can be read by a wide variety of apps for PC’s, Phones and Tablets. Many word processing apps will read them. Here are a few common ones:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free, available form adobe.com)
- Microsoft Word (This will convert the file to Word format initially and it can then be saved as a pdf when completed.
- LibreOffice (Free from LibreOffice.org)
- Google Docs (Free from Google)
Although the printable form is designed to be printed and then returned by post, they can also be completed electronically and returned as a file electronically wit appropriate software. The supplied pdf files will not however do any calculations for you.
Acrobat files can be edited in:
- Acrobat Reader – Choose Edit and Fill in
- Microsoft Word – Once converted to a word file.
Please contact us if you have difficulty with the supplied formats.
Existing Members Renewal Procedure 2020.
The BBKA and BDI launched ER2 in 2018, for the past year membership has been completed by Membership Secretaries using the system.