The SSDBKA AGM (Annual General Meeting) has to be held by the end of March each year. This is the key meeting open to all the membership to elect members of the Committee.
Each year we elect a number of people to do specific officer roles and a number of general committee members, all committee members must be nominated and stand for election each year. Officers must stand down after 3 years from that role and normally committee members are expected to step down after 3 years.
WARNING: The jobs outlined here DO NOT REQUIRE YOU TO CONSIDER YOURSELF AN EXPERT BEE KEEPER. We require a willingness to get involved and work as part of a team to make the club work as well as it can in the interest’s of the membership, and bees!
- Chair of Committee
Plus up to eight additional committee members.
The AGM also elects representatives on a number of external bodies.
The AGM will consider written and verbal reports from the officers, and have the opportunity to ask questions. We ask that complex questions be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance to the secretary.
Additionally the AGM can make changes to the rules and constitution as required.
The AGM also recognises the achievements of individual members and groups of members within the association
There are a number of jobs which essential and are carried out by members who may not be elected to committee but may have to report back to committee.
- Education Coordinator (Chairs education sub group)
- Apiary Sub Group Coordinator (Chairs Apiary Sub Group)
- Membership Secretary (Deals with membership matters and BBKA and BDI)
- Quarter Master (Coordinates a team to look after association equipment at the apiaries)
- Groundskeeper (Coordinates a team to look after the grounds at the apiaries)
- Honey Show Coordinator (New Role, Chairs Honey Show sub Group)
- Fund Raising and Events Coordinator (New Role, Chairs a sub Group to fund raise and organise events)
- WebMaster (Edits Association Website)
- Communications (Runs email system and communications)
If you feel you have skills in any of theses areas or are simply willing to volunteer you services please do not hesitate to make yourself known to us.
If you are not entirely sure what the officer roles involve here are some guidelines which may help.
Date: Thursday March 26th 2020
Location: Shareshill Village Hall, 1 Elms Ln, Shareshill, Wolverhampton WV10 7JS
Nominations will open in early 2020
Requests for proposals will be circulated in early 2020
Agenda, minutes and other documents will be circulated at least 2 weeks before the AGM
To find out more about the current constitution:
To download a nomination form for an officer or committee member or make a proposal use the buttons below: