South Staffordshire & District Beekeepers Association Membership Information 2022/23
The Association has five types of Membership:
- Registered Members
- Members with bees will wish to be Registered Members. This includes insurance for up to 3 colonies. For those with more than three colonies, see additional table in the Membership Pack for additional premiums.
- Partner Membership
- If their partner wishes to be covered by third party insurance against claims because they are involved with bees, the Partner membership is appropriate. Please put their name and details on the Application form. Please note that Partner members must reside at the same address as a Registered member. BDI is not included or required for partner members.
- Country Membership
- If a person with no bees wishes to be on our mailing list, be involved with the Association’s activities and receive ‘BBKA News’ then Country Membership is the one to go for.
- Associate Membership
- Associate Membership is for Registered or Partner Members of other BBKA Associations who wish to take part in SS&DBKA activities at our Apiaries
- Friend of South Staffs Membership
- Lastly, for a person who just wishes to keep in touch with South Staffordshire & District Beekeeping Association and who would like to support Beekeepers within the County, and may or may not be a members elsewhere then a Friend of South Staffs Membership is available.
The procedure for New Members has 3 stages:
- Basic Contact information is collected on the New Membership Online Application Form below, and a membership record is created.
- An email is then issued with a link to complete the record and arrange subscription payment.
- The membership is approved by the Membership Secretary when payment has been confirmed, and then receipts, BDI Insurance Certificate and Membership Information is issued, electronically by email.
For anyone unable to complete the application online we have paper forms available upon request.
Please read the SSDBKA Membership Pack below before completing the Online Application Form as this explains the fees and additional information required.
New Membership Online Application Form:
|Membership Category||Membership Fee|
Renewing Members, please complete your application by 31st January 2023 to maintain insurance cover for your bees.
For further information, contact Chris Shaw at SSBKA-Membership@outlook.com
- Electronic transfers (BACS payments)
If you wish to pay by BACS, the account details are:
- Bank: CAF Bank Ltd
- Account Name: South Staffordshire & District Beekeepers Association
- Account Number: 00095894
- Sort Code: 40 52 40
- Reference: Membership – Your Name
Send the completed application form and cheque payable to:
“S.S.& D.B.K.A.” to:
Chris Shaw, Yew Tree House, 94a Church Road, Shares Hill, WV10 7LA
or get in touch by email: SSBKA-Membership@outlook.com
Unable to complete the online form?
In the event you cannot complete the online form please contact Chris Shaw our Membership Coordinator at: SSBKA-Membership@outlook.com